On 23rd March 2020, in response to the emerging Covid-19 crisis, The Murray Parish Trust began fundraising to support frontline NHS staff fighting the virus at University Hospital Southampton. As our local NHS heroes faced unimaginable challenges, it was vital to help boost morale, support mental health and well-being and above all, show just how much we all appreciate their tireless work caring for and protecting our community. All funds raised have been used to directly benefit the hardworking staff at UHS including the provision of free hot meals on site.
We are delighted to announce that the final total donated to our NHS Heroes Appeal is:
FINAL TOTAL RAISED
Our fundraisers yet again went above and beyond in these difficult times.
- Ten year old Finley wrote a ‘Little Book of Poems’ raising over £500
- Little Joshua rode his bike for 7 miles over 7 days!
- Several people set up birthday fundraisers on Facebook
- Lots of you donated via our Text Donate campaign
- The Heggie family took on the 2.6 Challenge and completed 26 different physical challenges 26 times each!
- We were also part of the Aviva Community Fund successfully raising £1,025 with employees choosing to support our NHS Heroes appeal.