GINORMOUS TEDDY BEARS PICNIC …
We are getting ready for the 6th year for our Ginormous Teddy Bears Picnic and we are all set for the month of June 2022. Host your very own Teddy Bears Picnic at your school or nursery, youth group, sports club or hold a family event!
The last two years have been a bit tricky for charity events but we want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken part and helped raise funds for our latest appeal, which is as urgent as ever.
Find out more about our fundraising appeal HERE
HOST YOUR OWN TEDDY BEARS PICNIC
We are inviting children and grown-ups from all over the South of England and the Channel Islands to host their very own Teddy Bears Picnic.
WHEN’S THIS EPIC BEAR-SIZED PICNIC GOING TO BE?
Our Teddy Bears Picnic event runs for a whole month each year in June so pick a date that suits you!
You could hold your picnic anytime during the day. Why not invite your Teddy Bears for breakfast, picnic in the garden for lunch or even a teatime BBQ. Whenever is best for you and your bears!
WHERE’S IT GOING TO BE?
Host a virtual Teddy Bears Picnic via Zoom, Houseparty or any other platform with your school friends or family.
#StayHome #StaySafe #ProtectTheNHS
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO BE PART OF IT?
Sign up and download your FREE fundraising pack with everything you need to get you started.
Invite everyone in your household to bring along their favourite furry friend (that includes the grown-ups, too!) and why not donate £1 for every toy that comes to your picnic. Sign up HERE
PICNIC TIPS & IDEAS
- Sing-a-long to the famous Teddy Bears Picnic song – you can print out the songsheet in our fundraising pack.
- Read a Bear themed story and hold an activity around it :
“Goldilocks and the three bears” – organise the teddies into Big Bears, Medium Sized Bears and Teeny Tiny Bears into groups and act out the story.
“We’re going on a bear hunt!” – read this popular story then create a bear hunt of your own around your house or garden. Hide the teddy bears and try and find them or make a Teddy Bear treasure hunt.
- Pop a teddy bear in your window next to your rainbows and create a bear hunt that people can enjoy whilst out on their daily exercise. Check out all these window pictures from Chandlers Ford in Hampshire.
- Build the biggest teddy bear mountain – take photos of all your piled-up furry pals and add them to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds.
- Print out and colour in the pages in our fundraising pack – make a teddy bear mask or teddy bear bunting for your event.
- Make Teddy Bear themed treats for your picnic – such as Teddy Bear Cakes or Biscuits.
- Get the children to decorate the paper plates as Teddy Bear Faces before picnic time.
- Bear jokes – tickle your buddies pink with these bear howlers and send us yours, too!
- Drink plenty of water on hot days. Put on plenty of sunscreen and wear a hat.
- Join our Teddy Bears Picnic page on Facebook for picnic inspiration, recipes and find out about other events planned.
- Bear Talk – Make a short video of your bear talking! Tell us a bear joke or send a quick message for our local NHS frontline staff and keyworkers.
The most important thing is having fun with you and your little bears, make memories and have a great time FUNdraising.
TAKE PART IN THE TEDDY BEARS PICNIC!
We’re making it as easy as pie to be part of our annual FUNdraising event – you’re going to LOVE it!
The Ginormous Teddy Bears Picnic runs for the month of June 2020 allowing you plenty of flexibility to decide when is best to have your picnic. The idea is to keep it simple and fun – just you and your household, your beloved teddies and a yummy picnic. We want it to be as easy as possible to plan (whatever the weather!).
Sign up to download your fundraising pack crammed full of information and ideas.
Email us at [email protected] and share your ideas with us. We’d love to hear from you!
HOW TO PAY IN THE MONEY YOU’VE RAISED
The Murray Parish Trust
PO Box 163
Please let us know who you are and which picnic the funds raised are for!
Registered Charity Number: