IF YOU GO DOWN TO THE WOODS TODAY…
The 2017 Ginormous Teddy Bears Picnic has been a gigantic success and we’re coming back for more! We would love YOU to join in the fun in 2018 and help us to raise money to equip the new Children’s Emergency Trauma Department at University Hospital Southampton.
WHY A TEDDY BEARS PICNIC?
WHEN’S THIS EPIC BEAR-SIZED PICNIC GOING TO BE?
Host your very own bear-sized picnic any time during June 2018. This could be part of sports’ day, at the weekend with friends, at Brownies, Cubs – wherever and whenever suits you & your chums!
WHERE’S IT GOING TO BE?
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO BE PART OF IT?
Sign up here and to download the fundraising pack. Then simply choose a day and a place to host your Teddy Bears Picnic and start spreading the word! Remind your guests to bring along their favourite furry friend (that includes the grown-ups, too!) and a suggested £1 donation per person for our appeal.
We’re going to make it easy as possible to be part of this brand new sparkling annual fundraising event that you can share with your friends. You’re going to love it!
We are inviting children from all over the South of England and the Channel Islands, from nurseries and pre-schools, play groups and schools, to host their very own Teddy Bears Picnic. Or why not hold a picnic for the children on your street, or for your local Brownie, Cub or Beavers group …?
on wholemeal bread
Sliced Red & Green Peppers
Slices Cherry Tomatoes
Homemade Houmous & Cucumber Sticks
Cubed cheese and crackers
TIPS & IDEAS
Why not ask your school caterers to provide a packed lunch option on the picnic day (like on Sports’ Day) or ask children to bring in a packed lunch that day?
And remember, picnics don’t have to be at school. Anyone can hold a picnic – they can take place indoors, in a hall, at home, in the garden, in the playground or a park – anywhere you can all sit down together.
THINGS TO DO ON YOUR PICNIC
Here are some other ideas of things to do:
– Sing you own version of the Teddy Bears Picnic song. Download the words here.
– Build the biggest teddy bear mountain – take photos of all your piled-up furry pals and add them to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds.
– Make teddy masks and colour them in.
– Chuck the teddy – borrow a play parachute or use a blanket – bung your teddies in the middle and see whose teddy can go the highest!
– Arrange a Teddy Bear’s treasure hunt.
– Make name stickers for your bears/cuddly toys so everyone knows who they are.
– Play hide the teddy – make your teachers bring their teddies in too on the day and get them to hide them around the building and see how can find them first!
– Colouring challenge.
– Have a cake sale after school with bear-themed treats.
– Bear jokes – tickle your buddies pink with these bear howlers and send us yours, too!
A BIG BEAR HUG TO OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS
The company is celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2016 and marking the occasion with a year-long campaign of ‘good deeds’ across the south.
Trethowans has 35 partners and more than 100 lawyers who combine their expertise to offer clients – both businesses and individuals – enhanced legal services in a range of specialisms.
To find out more visit www.trethowans.com
TAKE PART IN THE TEDDY BEARS PICNIC!
The Ginormous Teddy Bears Picnic runs for the month of June 2018 allowing you plenty of flexibility to decide when and where best to have your picnic. The idea is to keep it simple and fun – just you and your friends, your beloved teddies and a yummy picnic. We want it to be as easy as possible to plan (whatever the weather!).
Sign up to download your fundraising pack crammed full of information and ideas.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share your ideas with us. We’d love to hear from you!
HOW TO PAY IN THE MONEY YOU’VE RAISED
The Murray Parish Trust
Registered Charity Number: